Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Implement at a local level, direction of the on-air & off-air creative of the assigned brands: Discovery Channel – Discovery Kids – Discovery Home & Health – TLC – Animal Planet - ID.
• Enhance regional relevance. Generate a strong connection and affinity with consumers, affiliates and clients by adding a ''local'' flavor (when applicable) to the overall creative strategy.
• Oversee all aspects of the on air & off-air creative process including:
1. Creation of on air & off-air package elements. 360 communication brand experience across all platforms / digital
2. Maintain consistency of communication as it pertains to the brand identity, look & feel. Properly manage communication to viewers through consistent on-air messages that promote the brands, drive ratings, build viewer loyalty and contribute to overall business objectives.
3. Develop strategic concepts for cross cpromotion campaigns to air across Discovery platforms and linear.
4. Support all other areas of brand as it pertains to on-air elements (Sales, Marketing, Communications).
5. Work closely with Programming, Marketing, Digital, Communications and Media Planning to determine promotional priorities and roll-out strategies.
6. Lead, motivate, manage and develop the on-air promotions team.
7. Work with VP of net to develop on air strategies that make best use of air time and drive viewership.
8. Work with art director and marketing director on campaign concepts.
9. Develop and manage the on-air budgets.
10. Foster a creative environment where ideas can flourish.
* A strong understanding of consumer marketing and brand building, strategic thinking and planning.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in on-air promotion/production for a cable television channel, digital extensions & platforms entourage, with a solid working knowledge of all aspects of production
* Experience in TV, print, radio, digital & OOH creative direction & design supervision.
* A solid understanding of the entertainment business, including operations, scheduling, programming, ratings, affiliate relations, advertising, s digital and multiplatform products.
* Technical skills – Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects); 3D software knowledge (Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max); Non-linear editing platforms knowledge (Avid Media Composer); Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
* Skilled in total project management, team building and development.
* Budget management experience.
* Strong oral and written communication skills in English/Spanish.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* High energy and enthusiastic leadership skills are a must.
* Ability to work independently as well as a team member in a collaborative environment.
* Up to date on the latest tendencies, new techniques, best practices, conferences and work sessions to be able to offer an innovative creative approach that stands out from the competition
* Strong initiative and problem solving/trouble shooting skills.
* Flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing needs in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Sense of humor.
* The position requires a combination of office work, studio & edit time and on-location time.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.