Corporate Functions FP&A Analyst
Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
The world is changing all around us. To continue to grow as a business over the next years we must look ahead, understand the changing trends and be prepared for that what's to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. Join us to be part of the adventure. Discovery inspires people to be the best they can.
Currently in Poland we are looking for passionate people with various backgrounds to join our team in the fields of FP&A Centre of Excellence, Global Business Services, HR Services and Media Business.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Analyst to Discovery's FP&A Center of Excellence - organization that maintains worldwide operations.
FP&A COE is known for its innovative thinking, best practices implementation and great customer service. Discovery seeks to unlock value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of its team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming the way we work.
The Corporate FP&A team is the nexus where Discovery Inc's financial storyline, influential analyses and financial decision-making come together. The team is responsible for both the consolidation and reporting of the company's current year forecasted financials as well as the long-term financial projections. By managing and coordinating Budgeting, Forecasting, Strategic Planning, Management Reporting, Financial Analysis, Capital Planning and Cash Flow forecasting across the company, Corporate Finance drives improved decision-making for finance leadership and DCI senior management with the goal of maximizing shareholder value. The team focuses on highlighting and synthesizing information, key performance indicators and operating metrics so that senior management can have a better understanding of the economics of the business and improve the quality and speed of decision-making. The Corporate Finance group strives to continuously improve global FP&A activities and grow talent across finance and operations.
• Work closely with other CoE colleagues and CFOs to understand month end results as well as forecast submissions and provide insightful commentary
• Supporting the forecast process, ensure corporate deadlines are clearly communicated and met
• Performing detailed reviews of forecast submissions, understanding business drivers
• Summarizing key findings to support discussions and decision making with the business
• Assisting in the production of materials for CFO and other executive reviews
• Providing insight of financial performance through accurate, timely and relevant reporting
• Supporting the annual budget process, including definition and communication of timelines and designing templates
• Performing cash-flow analysis and produce cash-flow reporting
• Deep understanding of reporting dimensions and systems
• Ensure consistency of global financial reporting across reporting systems
• Performing ad hoc tasks and reporting related to cost management and governance meetings as appropriate
• Maintaining and improving the processes supporting financial planning and analysis activities
• 3+ years of working experience with experience in Finance/FP&A
• Fluent in English is a must (spoken and written)
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, prioritizing multiple work assignments simultaneously
• Solid understanding of forecasting and budgeting process
• General accounting knowledge
• Strong MS Excel & PowerPoint skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a global team
• Excellent analytical skills
• Pro-active and hands-on
• High drive and energy level
• Your way of working is characterized by a high level of accuracy and exceptional attention to detail
• CIMA/ACCA qualified or education in progress desired
• Possibility to work in a highly regarded organization within a well-known company and international exposure
• Attractive benefit package
• Partial home office
• Flexible working hours
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.