Indirect Tax Compliance and Reporting Senior Manager
Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
The world is changing all around us. To continue to grow as a business over the next years we must look ahead, understand the changing trends and be prepared for that what's to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. Join us to be part of the adventure. Discovery inspires people to be the best they can.
Currently in Poland we are looking for passionate people with various backgrounds to join our team in the fields of FP&A Centre of Excellence, Global Business Services, HR Services and Media Business.
The Channel Operations Executive is required to lead on operations function, as well as supporting programming strategy functions for EMEA Pay TV team across factual and lifestyle brands. They will support cost-optimization projects, content and channels alignment strategy, communicating scheduling information to local and central teams, ensuring programmes are prepared for TX deadlines, by liaising with various teams: Reversioning, Programme Operations, Content Operations, Reversioning Operations, Marketing, Media Planning, PR, PMD and local teams. They will work closely with Senior Director TLC and Channel Operations, Senior Manager Channel Operations and the wider programme planning teams.
• Supporting alignment strategy by maintaining master document and communicating any changes to central and local teams, regarding delivery, scheduling and change of titles;
• Supporting programming strategy by maintaining roadmaps and other relevant documents, as well as assisting in arranging regular alignment calls;
• Tracking US OPD and digital content delivery dates and US TX dates to ensure material is ready for EMEA Pay TV TX deadlines;
• Leading on languaging cost-optimization project for relevant channels;
• Supervising Local Content Sharing initiative for relevant territories, by updating master documents, attending regular meetings and liaising with relevant teams on behalf of programme planners;
• Monitoring process of requesting programme rights, working with Programming and Programme Operations teams to ensure rights are cleared for future roll-out;
• Communicating scheduling and content strategy changes to key internal stakeholders and departments: Content Operations, Programming Operations, Reversioning, Marketing, Digital, PR, Listings, Research, VOD, US and regional planning teams;
• Responding to urgent programming and scheduling related queries and dealing with TX related issues;
• Preparing and circulating various programming and scheduling related reports and gathering relevant scheduling/content data;
• Assisting in new channel launches by analyzing available legacy content, liaising with operational teams and attending launch meetings;
• Supporting with Discovery’s pivot to direct-to-consumer product roll outs where required;
• Supporting local teams in sourcing content related information and materials;
• Arranging meetings with local and central teams in order to ensure efficient communication and problem-solving when required;
• Attending relevant meeting on behalf of Senior Manager Channel Operations and deputising in their absence
• Working proficiency in English is essential
• Strong planning and time-management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Confident communicator and great team player
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Keen interest in factual television
• Familiar with content database and scheduling system: ideally IBMS, Deal
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.