FTC - Bookings Coordinator Olympics
Discovery is a true leader in sports, building an enviable global portfolio of brands, channels and platforms that feature sports and reach more than 130 million people every month. Discovery Sports is the home of the Olympic Games in Europe, telling inspirational stories and bringing viewers across Europe the best Olympic content.
Reporting to and working closely with the Bookings Manager, the Bookings Coordinator will be a key member of the Olympic Operations team, working together to deliver a successful Winter Olympics in Beijing 2022 for Discovery Sports. The Bookings team work closely with Discovery Sports production teams across Europe to ensure that both pre-Games planning and Games-Time bookings are processed accurately. The Bookings team process and handle all Rate Card Broadcast services for the International Broadcast Centre, venue facilities and other related services for the Beijing Winter Olympic Games 2022.
• Assist the Bookings Manager at all stages of the booking process for Rate Card services.
• Gain a full understanding of all bookable services at Games time, and guide the production teams through the services on offer and our internal booking submission processes.
• Ensure that all external OBS and Beijing Organising Committee Rate Card services at Games Time are submitted accurately and within the prescribed deadlines.
• Agree procedures with the Bookings Manager to ensure that all bookings placed by Discovery's markets are shared as appropriate with relevant internal departments, such as Engineering, Digital, Operations, IT, Production and Distribution.
• Support internal markets in establishing their onsite production and operational requirements.
• Maintain and update the booking database with bookings, finance and other necessary operational information.
• Using internal and external booking databases, provide regular updates and reports to the Bookings Manager and wider Discovery team
• Raising Purchase Orders, managing and tracking invoices.
• Experience as a Bookings Coordinator in a Broadcast Television environment and attention to detail is essential to the role.
• Previous Sports Events Games-Time experience is preferable.
• Working knowledge of booking systems used in broadcast environments
• Confident, with a can do attitude able to problem-solve escalating issues as needed
• Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload effectively
• Willingness to travel to the event, should this be required
• Advanced IT skills, Discovery use G-Suite
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn0p2-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.