Programmatic Partnership Manager
New York, NY
The Discovery, Science, and Animal Planet's multiplatform team is searching for a creative and diligent associate editor to support the team's digital video content.
• Edit short and mid-form content for on-air, website, and social media platforms
• Organize footage and other tasks related to pre and post-production
• Work in tandem with content leads, producers, and other editors around the ideation and execution of video deliverables
• Collaborate with content creators in assessing, organizing, and editing incoming footage
• Communicate with production teams regarding notes from supervisor, executive producer, and VP of multiplatform content
• Sound mix and color correct audio and footage when necessary
• Conform assets for delivery to internal group or third-party vendors for sound mix and color correction, as well as client deliverables
• Act as a production stakeholder during pre-production of original shoots
• Bachelor's degree in Film or Communication
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
• Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
• Must be comfortable working in After Effects.
• Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Must be meticulous, technical, and organized
• Must have a general understanding of all phases of production
• Ability to work independently and under close direction
• Experienced in deadline driven environments
• Experience with simple digital videos shoots / camera work
• Experience with Adobe Audition for sound finishing when necessary
• Illustrator, Photoshop, and DaVinci Resolve skills are a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7pyk-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.