Digital Cinema Operator
Python Developer, Pipeline Technical Director
Position: Python Developer, Pipeline TD
Location: Toronto, Canada
Facility: Stereo D
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials. Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe (www.bydeluxe.com).
Stereo D is currently seeking a client focused Python Developer/Pipeline Technical Director to join our crew.
As a Pipeline Technical Director you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing new tools that enable your client group (artists, creative leads and supervisors) to complete their projects. Pipeline TDs provide critical technical support and assist in troubleshooting and debugging of production issues and enhancing the pipeline.
• Work closely with artistic staff to uncover their needs and develop effective tools to meet the complex requirements of the projects.
Often the exact needs are unknown, and it is the responsibility of the Pipeline TD to determine the best solution that meets end user requirements.
• Optimize VFX, Stereo and Animation processes by writing and maintaining scripts for use on visual effects. This includes Identifying inefficiencies in existing tools and workflows and taking the initiative to improve processes.
• Maintenance and documentation of new tools and workflows.
• Test and deploy new tools, updates, and software to the floor
• Assist artists and support teams to troubleshoot and debug issues such as rendering, ingest failures or particle effects.
• Ability to recognize finite resources when developing new initiatives and tools, such as the impact to licenses, bandwidth, disk usage, or render cycles
• Keep current on new methods, software, and techniques used in post-production, and incorporating them into our pipeline where possible
• Works on and supports the pipeline initiatives of all facilities globally
• Other relevant duties as assigned
• Strong Python programming skills is required.
• PyQt/PySide knowledge is strongly recommended.
• Familiarity with PEP-8 and self-documenting code is a plus.
• Experience working with legacy code is a plus.
• Familiarity with software testing (e.g. unit testing, integration testing, etc) is a plus.
• Experience supporting and developing for Nuke, After Effects, Silhouette, Maya, or other VFX applications is an asset.
• Must be customer service oriented and proactive in seeking opportunities to enhance
• Confidence in your ability to make accurate decisions under pressure
• Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Proven ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Proactive and highly motivated
• Strong working knowledge of Linux/UNIX preferred
• Career focus for the visual effects industry strongly preferred
• Ability and interest in learning new skills autonomously highly desired
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.