- Full Time
Job DescriptionDeluxe Localization
The global demand for entertainment content today is unprecedented. Deluxe provides worldwide audiences with the latest features and original content of all kinds. Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization facilities. We provide clients and end users with a worldwide service, offered in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and OTT.
With traditional cinema and home entertainment facing further disruption from online platforms and evolving user expectations, Deluxe is looking to attract bright and talented people who are unfazed by the shifting media world.
About the Opportunity
Deluxe Localization is currently looking for a Project Coordinator for our Theatrical release subtitling coordination team in Barcelona.
• Energetic and committed
• BA in media, communications or translation (or equivalent), MA in translation is an advantage
• Proven experience in editorial, translation or project management
• Background in film or audiovisual production an asset
• Extensive knowledge of localization
• Excellent command of English, other languages are an advantage
• Ability to multitask and work with tight deadlines
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to improvise and problem solve under pressure
• Team player
• Broad cultural knowledge and wide range of interests
• Good command of Microsoft Windows systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google G-Suite
• Spanish work permit is required
• Availability to start immediately
Overview of responsibilities:
• Set up projects from beginning to end on our proprietary platform.
• Assist in managing customer changes to orders by negotiating deliverable due dates between internal departments, balancing internal capacity with external demands and expectations.
• Collect and keep track of all materials needed to begin work (i.e. scripts, videos, etc…).
• Efficiently distribute and smartly allocate work by email and our proprietary platform to freelance translators worldwide for trailers, bonus material, episodics, documentaries and texts produced by Deluxe clients.
• Track the process of projects using our in-house database and communicate with account managers for status updates.
• Liaise with client representatives to create and/or approve translations where necessary.
• Coordinate with colleagues from worldwide production departments on workflow.
• Ensure that all client specifications have been respected.
• Ensure that translators follow established language rules and respect all set procedures according to each type of project.
• Have a good knowledge of client-specific guidelines and ensure that client expectations are met.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on time to the account managers, strictly respecting the deadlines set by the clients.
• Proactively identify potential issues/problems with projects in process, formulate response and solutions.
• Assist with coordination of redeliveries and rejections.
• Assist in identifying causes of redeliveries/rejections, in completing Corrective Action Reports when applicable, and in proposing solutions.
• Assist in identifying the need for new procedures and contribute to updating existing procedures for own clients to improve quality of deliverables in the future.
• Escalate production issues to the manager.
• Assist in maintaining adequate pool sizes of translators.
• Provide technical feedback to translators.
• Ability to provide good user support via email keeping time zone and cultural differences and nuances in mind.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1p7o-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.