Junior Systems Engineer
The Junior Systems Engineer is responsible for providing end user support for all applications, software, network infrastructure, computing devices, and peripherals. They will troubleshoot issues that have been escalated from other support departments or raised by end users. This includes working with internal and external resources, coordination of vendors and suppliers. This position will be located in Wilmington, OH.
• Supports the technical needs of our end users and customers
• Lead the deployment of software releases, system upgrades, and patches on end user devices.
• Accountable for procurement and Asset management of end user devices.
• Project lead for customer relocations and departmental infrastructure build out.
• Will analyze the symptoms of the problem to properly identify the cause of the issue in order to determine a solution
• Responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of replication equipment onsite
• Will uninstall/reinstall basic software applications, verify proper hardware and software set-up and assist with navigation of application menus.
• Will perform onsite installations or replacements of various hardware components and software repair.
• Will perform diagnostic testing and utilization of remote-control tools to assist users when troubleshooting to determine a solution.
• Create and maintain user and group objects, including permissions, group membership, and distribution lists
• Perform installation, repairs and maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
• Administration of Network Operations systems, equipment and Business System applications.
• Ability to interact with vendors
• Perform system backups and recovery
• Special projects and other duties as assigned by manager
What You Bring
• 4 years of college level course work in related field or 2-4 years of experience in a onsite or deskside support role
• Expert skill set with Macintosh hardware and OSX software. Including OSX from Snow Leopard to current OSX. Experience with Macintosh troubleshooting including built-in utilities, software installation, security software and user access settings.
• Expert skill set with Windows PC hardware and Windows OS, emphasizing Windows 10. Experienced in troubleshooting enterprise class windows PC desktop and laptop computers. Skill set to include understanding of hardware upgrades/replacements. Experienced in installation of software and troubleshooting Windows OS.*
• Experience working with modern versions of Office for both PC and OSX, as well as other Microsoft common products.
• Understanding of enterprise supported technologies including but not limited to VoIP, DHCP, Office 365, and AD.
• Understanding of Enterprise supported tool kits, including Imaging software, Security End-point software, and Asset Management software.
• Understanding and ability to support end-user mobile devices for activations, active sync configuration, and general usability support.
• Understanding of supporting user level issues with voice technologies including Cisco VOIP and Voicemail.
• Knowledge of LAN and WAN systems and topology.
• Ability to interact with internal and external customers to resolve issues.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89339-34-239-177-24-42 in your application.