As Graphic Artist, you will be required to ensure design work is on schedule/conforms with exacting standards of Studio Clients, and execute creative solutions for the major studio's features, episodic and trailers.
About the Team (Home Entertainment)
The Home Entertainment team delivers high quality authored projects for studio clients on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD.
Working within the Compression, Encoding & Authoring Departments, your role will be in overseeing the scheduling and quality for creation of 4K, Blu-ray, iTunes and/or DVD menus from receiving key art and content grids right through to publishing of final menu goods to the CEA Department.
Other duties will include working with the Localization team in creating menus for foreign markets to creation of dubbing cards for feature films and episodics. This role reports into the Senior Account Director.
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
• Assist in the production of menu projects for Home Entertainment
• Extensive typographic work, including researching and formulating menu design templates and layouts for use within Authoring department
• Compositing, editing and publishing video in select formats (4K, HD, NTSC/PAL) as well as editing audio and music/effects.
• QC menu deliverables.
• Create and QC PDF proofs/checkers before forwarding to the client
• Liaising with Clients and Authoring team.
• Assist Digital Artists as needed per project (including but not limited to Localized Menus development, Dub Card Creation, Design and Compositing, File management, etc.)
• Adhering to prescribed workflow procedures
• Meeting internal schedules and client deadlines
• Maintain internal schedule and tracking of all menu projects
• Manage and maintain file and folder structure (including but not limited to file and delivery management and preparation, archiving, conversions, graphics collecting, etc.)
• Other duties as prescribed
What You Bring:
• Operational experience in a design agency/post-production environment is ideal
• Strong knowledge of software common to multimedia and graphics industries most notably the Adobe Suite, Photoshop and After Effects.
• Any experience or knowledge in UHD/Blu-ray, iTunes and/or DVD technology will be a benefit.
• Experience with MS Office software suite and basic understanding of VFX and motion graphics
• A strong grasp of typography, identifying fonts and type design
• Operational experience in a Quality Control environment also ideal
• Experience with project management and meeting deadlines
• Passionate about good design with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including
medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vbvq-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.