Content Services Technician
Operator, Content Services
The Content Services Operator is responsible for the creation of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs), ProRes master files and downstream deliverables. Additionally, the Content Services Operator checks and conforms the specifications of source materials in preparation for Digital Cinema file creation.
You bring a good understanding of industry standard deliverables and downstream specifications. You're enthusiastic about evolving technologies and adapting these to our client's needs. You will use both industry standard and bespoke software to ensure that our client's demands are satisfied within their timescales. You are a highly motivated individual and able to work as part of a team. A flexible attitude is desired as additional tasks, overtime and weekend work may be required. This role reports to the Manager of Mastering.
• Check, prep and conform source materials in preparation for creation of DCPs
• Create non digital cinema outputs of various media formats including downstream deliverables
• Complete ad-hoc project work, and deliver files for new emerging technologies
• Create Digital Cinema Packages for 2D/3D, 2K/4K, dubbed, subtitled and immersive audio formats
• Deliver high quality of service while working with and liaising with internal Deluxe departments
• Using and completing orders in Deluxe business systems
What You Bring
• Picture and audio editing, transcoding, encoding, sound syncing, and color conversion experience is desirable.
• A solid understanding of Film & Digital file formats is preferred
• Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in Postproduction environment is preferred.
• Working knowledge of industry standard editing and encoding systems such as, Colorfront Transkoder, DVS Clipster, Adobe CC and Telestream Vantage
• Experience within a similar postproduction finishing environment is a plus
• Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Good understanding of technical software and related systems
• Ability to handle high pressure situations and sensitive information
• Strong IT literacy
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritize and work to strict deadlines
• QC experience would be an advantage
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejyz2-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.