The Writer/Producer for Smerconish will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing, and producing on-air scripts and digital extensions and will determine which stories will be presented in a newscast and how those stories will be presented with guidance from management. This role will provide direction and write copy and questions to shape the show (on and off air) while maintaining the creative look and feel of the show / brand.
Will write elements of segments including anchor intros, questions, teases, comments, and texts for graphics. Will coordinate elements for packages into compelling pieces that integrate video and wording. This candidate must be able to effectively use video, graphics and fonts for all assigned stories.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years producing experience.
• Strong interest and knowledge in politics and current events
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
• Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together.
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo6eo-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.