Writer / Producer
WarnerMedia seeks a Writer/Producer for the CNN department.
• The Writer/Producer will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing, and producing on-air scripts and digital extensions and will determine which stories will be presented in a newscast and how those stories will be presented with guidance from management.
• This role will provide direction and write copy and questions to shape the show (on and off air) while maintaining the creative look and feel of the show / brand.
• Will write elements of segments including anchor intros, questions, teases, comments, and texts for graphics. Will coordinate elements for packages into compelling pieces that integrate video and wording.
• This candidate must be able to effectively use video, graphics and fonts for all assigned stories.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years producing experience.
• Strong interest and knowledge in politics and current events
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
• Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together.
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7o1y-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.