- Full Time
Job DescriptionAt CNN Digital, the way we tell stories is just as important as the stories themselves. Whether it's breaking news, investigative journalism, or enterprise storytelling, our visual journalism breaks down stories for audiences in unique and interesting ways. The diversity of approaches allows us to better inform our audiences with essential and engaging news storytelling.
We are expanding our visual journalism team and are looking for a Visual Reporter who will help pitch and execute visual storytelling on the web - from graphics and interactives to emerging storytelling forms. The person in this role will work primarily on opportunities to serve the needs of our Spanish-speaking audience, collaborating with a team of visual editors and journalists across the organization. The position will be remote for the time being and eventually based at one of our US bureaus.
• Identify and pitch visual story ideas relevant to the news cycle
• Assist in reproducing a selection of graphics or interactive projects for our Spanish-speaking audience, to appear both on CNN.com and CNNEspanol.com
• Help execute visually led stories for daily, long form, and breaking news, including maps, charts, graphics, animations, and mobile first interactives in both English and Spanish
• Collaborate with the Visual News team to refine standards and best practices for data and visual journalism, with a specific focus on multi-lingual support
What you'll bring
• You are enthusiastic about excellent visual journalism and can share that enthusiasm with patience and clarity
• You are an excellent communicator, with a command of both the English and Spanish languages
• You work at a high metabolism, have a lot of story ideas, and can manage your time and attention to reliably meet deadlines
• You're comfortable working collaboratively, individually and with cross-functional teams
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp119x-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.