The Supervising Producer will partner with CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta across his entire network portfolio. They will be responsible for managing his commitments to CNN's linear networks, the forthcoming CNN+ platform, along with other priorities for CNN Audio, the CNN Documentary Unit and CNN Special Projects. This newly created position will be expected to ''run'' with Sanjay to sort all the latest editorial and logistics, and function as his delegate in meetings with the CNN Health team and the broader organization.
• You'll be responsible for overseeing everything going on in Sanjay's universe. You'll be expected to maintain a keen awareness of his priorities and how all the puzzle pieces interconnect. You'll need to be an excellent multitasker.
• This Supervising Producer will collaborate closely with other members of Team Gupta to coordinate and execute liveshots, pre-tapes and other obligations.
• We're looking for a seasoned professional who excels at both the macro and the micro -- a big thinker who wants to push the envelope, but who also has an impeccable attention to detail.
• The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working with high-profile talent, both on fast-paced breaking news and slower-burn, longer-term projects.
• This is a Monday-Friday ''normal hours'' position, but comes with the expectation that you will be flexible for some earlier mornings, later nights, as well as some planned and unplanned travel.
• 10+ years' experience in a news environment at a major outlet
• Strong logistical and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to make fast, informed decisions
• Able to work under pressure
• Must be willing to work evening and/or weekend hours
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98n04-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.