CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. With our consumer and facts-first strategy, we're developing new platforms and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming directly in the hands of consumers.
Studio Operator is a broad job title that encompasses a great variety of skills and assignments:
• Flash Studio Control (operate robotic cameras and lighting; establish/designate IFBs and Comms)
• Studio crews (pedestal cameras, hand-held, jib and Steadicam, Audio Assist and Utility)
• Viz Multiplay Videowall Control (create effects, route feeds and control playback of servers feeding video walls)
• Video shading (responsible for maintaining acceptable video levels for incoming, outgoing and internal signals, and initial daily set-up and shading of studio cameras)
• One of the keys to our success is the close-knit nature of the working relationship within our crews and with their managers, Directors, Technical Directors, Audio Designers, talent and producers
• CNN is a 24/7 news operation and this position will include working on weekend shows
• 3 years experience in a facility (network, station, production house) engaged in multiple camera production
• Experience with using camera robotic systems and studio cameras preferred
• Must be able to succeed under the pressure of a live television production environment, exhibit great attention to detail, and be a team player
• Must be able to prioritize and service multiple requests, demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, remain calm under pressure, and show a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
• Must be available to work weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n6km-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.