CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Senior Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests. The ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this position.
This individual is the show's booking representative and will be responsible for booking guests for live daily interviews in addition to special projects. This individual is expected to identify, establish, and maintain critical relationships with newsmakers, talent, and publicists and sources and to continually expand network of bookings. This person must also be able to develop and cultivate and maintain new guest relationships on behalf of the program.
This person must also be able to react quickly in breaking news situations and line up officials, lawmakers, outside reporters and principals in a situation where the news happens while we are live as well as when news breaks during the day. The Senior Editorial Producer should also have a strong grasp on using social media to find people involved in breaking news situations in remote areas.
Conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews and b-roll shoots, proactively researches and pitches provocative stories, and manages long term booking opportunities. Senior Editorial Producers work with Producers to develop characters for long term stories. Mentors and serves as a resource to junior members of the staff and may be responsible for people management.
• 7+ years as a booking producer or equivalent production experience.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Research skills are essential to this position.
• Proven performance and an established rolodex in booking high profile news guests are necessary.
• This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
• Knowledge of current events, key players, and issues in global affairs a must.
• Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
• Second language a plus.
• Ability to travel as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3pz4-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.