Senior Software Engineer - Digital
New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Software Engineer for the CNN.com department.
Content Platform (CMS) – Contribute to the greenfield build of editorial tools especially with a SaaS strategy, leverage advanced data usage and intelligence within a CMS to empower our writers and maximize the reach of their content across all consumption channels. Build an intuitive, flexible and smart responsive user interface.
• You are fluent in HTML5 and CSS3. You understand semantic markup. You can maintain tight CSS for complex layouts.
• You know what makes pages fast, blazing fast, or just average. You have an understanding of caching strategies and scalability best practices.
• You know your way around a couple databases, relational or non.
• You write clean, clear code that others can easily parse, maintain and enhance.
• You know how to choose the right technology for the job, and can spot when a framework will save you time, when it will get in the way, and when it isn't worth the trouble
You are comfortable talking about code, advocating for best practices, and facilitating inclusive and democratic technical discussions
• 5+ years of experience working with other developers on a production syste m.
• High degree of competence in either OTT platforms (FireTv, TvOS, Roku), Mobile Applications (Android, IOS) or Web .
• Demonstrated working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals.
• Git is a regular tool for you and know the difference between rebase and merge.
• Ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations.
• Experience with any of these infrastructures: Containerization / Docker, AWS, CI/CD (Jenkins, CodePipeline, Circle).