The Senior Producer of Editorial Sponsorships is a vital role working with CNN's Content Production team. They will be responsible for producing revenue-generating, feature content for all of CNN's platforms – from pitch to publish. They will also be masters of multi-platform storytelling – from written digital features to crafting bite-sized social videos to filming full 30-minute TV documentaries – who strive to innovate and experiment with new technologies.
This will suit an experienced journalist/content creator, who can take on high-profile and valuable sponsorships, or multiple sponsorships at once. They will be able to produce quality multimedia content on budget and to CNN's high editorial standards.
Ideal for someone with solid experience of turning data and audience insights into beautiful, impactful stories that create social discourse. They will help to manage and mentor other Producers and junior members of staff, sharing their experiences and wisdom.
The Senior Producer will take responsibility for the departments most high-profile and challenging sponsorships, often working with and mentoring other producers to deliver against defined KPIs. This will include working with digital programming on scheduling, A/B testing and SEO optimisation. They will also be required to innovate in building complex storytelling products for CNN's digital platforms – these will include web and mobile interactives, Google AMPT stories, Flipboard, social series and OOT platform experiences -- leading a team of designers, developers, product managers, ad operations, and data analytics specialists.
They will be a part of a team that travels extensively and collaborate with regional bureaus to introduce CNN's global audience to the wonders, innovation and compelling characters found in other locations.
The Senior Producer will take on the most ambitious storytelling challenges, working with CNN's on-air talent, high-profile individuals, and many different teams to deliver content that distinguishes CNN against the company's competitors. They will promote budget awareness and professionally manage the costs of their own projects.
Managing the day-to-day logistics and creative process of content creation, whilst regularly meeting with their Campaign Strategy and Delivery colleagues to review the performance of their work. They will champion CNN's editorial standards by following Ofcom guidelines and CNN's defined editorial processes and procedures.
The Senior Producer will strategies and produce stand-out digital content including long and short-form articles, interactives, image galleries, videos, infographics, photo essays, social content, and opinion writes. This content will contribute to successful delivery of sponsorship KPIs and the wider CNN audience growth targets. Producing this content will include:
• Pitching story ideas and treatments to Copy Editors and section heads – Style, Travel, Business, Health, etc.
• Reviewing and shaping pitches from Producers.
• Writing articles in the tone, style and to the editorial standards of reporting.
• Building articles, galleries and videos in the CNN CMS.
• Writing headlines and tease language that is optimised for search and platform programming.
• Commissioning graphics from the design team and providing the editorial information and facts included.
• Collaborating with the social teams to create content that will drive engagement on CNN's flagship accounts.
• Regularly reviewing analytics with the Strategic Insights Analyst to inform further content plans.
• Pitching, producing and editing opinion articles.
• Submitting and reviewing work with Copy Editors and the CNN Triad (where required) for approval
This position will work under the Commissioning Editor who will assign budgets and goals for each sponsored campaign. The Senior Producer will also work with Concept Development Editors to ideate new sponsorship series proposals.
This role is suitable for ambitious storytellers who nurture relationships and collaborate effectively with others to create content that helps the team to achieve success.
• Experience of creating engaging content (written, video, social) that drives traffic.
• Must have extensive experience in covering the Middle East or Africa.
• A leader who can mentor younger producers and manage the pressure of ambitious projects
• Experience of managing production budgets
• Strong writing and editing skills are essential skills for this role.
• Relevant experience and passion in using social media as a publishing and audience engagement tool
• Strong and proven editorial judgment.
• Strong communicator and collaborator.
• Deep understanding of multiple platforms and different devices.
• A good understanding of current affairs is a must.
• Must understand S&P and Ofcom compliance guidelines
• Must be organized, efficient and able to multi-task booking, logistics, and research.
• A positive, self-starting attitude will serve the candidate well in this position.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7zww-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.