WarnerMedia is hiring a Senior Producer for the CNN Audio Development team. The Senior Producer of Development, Original Series will work with the development unit's executive producer, producer, associate producer, production assistant and production manager to create, develop and pilot new original podcasts for CNN. The Development Senior Producer will also oversee production of podcasts being made by external studios, podcast acquisitions, and long-term planning for future series. The Senior Producer will also grow editorial partnerships within the CNN and WarnerMedia family.
• Work with CNN's new audio development team to identify future weekly and limited-run narrative and talk podcasts that CNN should make.
• Solicit, manage and review incoming podcast pitches.
• Once a pitch has been greenlit, work with producers, editors, reporters, hosts, sound designers and engineers to make pilot episodes for narrative and talk podcasts.
• Recruit, cultivate, and develop podcast talent – in front of and behind the mic.
• If CNN is working on a new podcast with an external production studio, serve as the point person to manage production, post-production and program distribution.
• Maintain schedule, workflow, and budgeting for podcasts in development while meeting aggressive deadlines with high quality and on-budget work.
• Conduct pre-interviews, research, book guests and prep hosts as needed.
• Write, edit and fact-check show scripts on paper as needed.
• Edit audio interviews, and mix and score sessions in ProTools as needed.
• Record host and guest interviews remotely and gather sound as needed.
• Listen to all rough mixes and pilots, and provide detailed feedback for revisions.
• Write online and promotional content for internal and external stakeholders as needed.
• Provide continual feedback to members of the team.
• Partner with CNN original series film team, marketing, design strategists, PR, social, and programming units in creation of content and strategies to maximize audience and engagement.
• Develop relationships throughout CNN and WarnerMedia with key stakeholders and divisions.
• Ensure all original new podcasts and acquisitions meet CNN editorial and audio production standards.
• You should be able to ideate the next great big audio series, with a proven track record of developing successful audio content. Strong editorial judgement, superior storytelling skills, be a news, politics, and culture junkie, and have a deep understanding of the podcasting landscape and audience is required.
• Proven track record of developing successful audio content.
• 8+ years of audio experience with a proven track record managing a team.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
• Experience developing, producing and launching reported podcasts, in-house and with external podcast production studios.
• Superior writing and editing skills.
• Strong communication skills, highly organized, creative problem solver, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills.
• Ability to work on a number of podcasts and audio projects at the same time.
• Ability to collaborate, be agile and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
• Thorough understanding of how to operate audio hardware and software, including ProTools.
• Comfortable giving and taking feedback as necessary.
• High level of professionalism at all times.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Excited about being part of a new development unit at CNN Audio.
• The strongest candidates will also have: a deep familiarity with CNN and our current podcast catalogue; the ability to speak multiple languages; a passion for great audio storytelling; be open to experimentation within the form.
• Strong cover letter a plus!
This position reports to the Executive Producer of Development.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97bzk-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.