WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Mobile Engineer for the CNN NewsCo department. The Senior Engineering role is a highly experienced individual contributor, self-directed, able to work with minimal supervision, and is typically expected to take on the most difficult technical challenges. This role will be supporting the Staff and Principal Engineers/Architects in defining the technology strategy, application architecture design and implementation. He/she will provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced developers on the team. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems while working in a fun, collaborative and fast-paced environment.
The iOS Mobile Senior Engineer is responsible for developing CNN's mobile iOS apps, SDKs, APIs, and support the implementation of mobile CI/CD best practices, including testing automation and tooling. He/she ensures technical execution and release of CNN's mobile apps to end consumers. He/she partners with Product, Design and Delivery Leaders to help teams deliver on product initiatives and operational execution.
• Develop intuitive, simple and elegantly designed mobile apps that people want to use.
• Provide support and development of software tools and procedures to extend and enhance the core production pipeline.
• Work with multiple departments, including Product, Design, Delivery, Editorial and Engineering to implement CNN Digital consumer experience solutions and apps.
• Assist with troubleshooting production problems, root cause analysis, and debugging.
• Development and maintenance of existing production systems supporting CNN's digital ecosystem.
• Mentor more junior developers.
• Ensure software development follows industry best practices, policies and guidelines. Specifically, ensuring that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital strategy, standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement.
• BS in computer science (or equivalent).
• Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise.
• Minimum 5 years professional development environment. Demonstrable production app portfolio preferred.
• Strong foundation in programming fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms.
• Ability to develop new and innovative applications as well as maintaining existing code.
• Demonstrated full-mobile stack development experience (mobile native client and SDK, build CI/CD, and APIs), e.g. Swift/SwiftUI, Realm, Core Data, Apple Pay, Keychain, etc.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of software development methodologies, industry best practices, and architecture.
• Hands-on experience with mobile DevOps CI/CD tools and implementing best practices, including automation of code signing tools and automated tests. Preferred familiarity with Jenkins, Git, Maven/Gradle, Swift Package Manager/CocoaPods, Terraform, and Appium.
• General familiarity with database technologies (SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL, GraphDB, etc.)
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
• Experience building flexible software architecture to accommodate shifting business needs.
• Working experience with AWS required.
• Experienced working in an Agile development environment.
• Preferred experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yv21-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.