Full Time Job
Senior Field Producer
- Full Time
Working under the guidance of the Directors of Coverage, the Beirut Producer is responsible for the direct handling of the coordination and facilitation of the numerous and variable editorial, logistical, legal and technical details essential to the Beirut bureau.
The Producer deals with story development through execution and post-production, responds to breaking news in the region and field and ensures all content is relevant for a given platform, accurate and of quality and interest for the target audience.
The Producer will be organising the newsgathering and output of distinctive storytelling as well as day's biggest news stories across all platforms.
Primary interface with assigned teams in the field / bureau / TRIAD. Provides guidance, direction, editorial and production support under direction from Senior News Editors.
Ensures communication between teams in the Lebanon Correspondent and all interested platforms (both TV and digital) is timely, accurate and follows CNN Editorial practices and guidelines
• Working hand in hand with Beirut reporters in their newsgathering responsibilities. Take the lead in co-ordination with the International desk in Atlanta and the London News Desk, handling and full facilitation of news coverage and CNN correspondents' output, including the editorial oversight of packages.
• Providing full support in regard to essential coordination and logistical decisions in line with the coverage and programming priorities, as well as, ensuring coverage operates within budget constraints. Field safety on assignment is a vital part of the Producer's responsibilities
• Dealing with the unexpected – breaking news. Responding at a moment's notice to get editorial information for air – verifying its accuracy – while simultaneously getting live phone interview, live video, transmissions and/or taped coverage of the news event.
• Facilitating clear guidance and feedback to the field (Correspondents, Field Producers, Technical Crews). Knowledge of Company policies and practices and their effective application are part of the responsibilities of the Producer and ensuring that risk assessment procedures are followed.
• Providing editorial guidance to the CNN News Group networks and websites on international matters, ranging from historical or cultural background, to language interpretation, when possible.
• Experience in newsgathering and TV and Digital production.
• Field producing or reporting experience for TV and/or Digital.
• Knowledge of TV news logistics, technical requirements
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise between tasks under difficult conditions.
• Prior field experience in hostile environments
• Organized, exceptional interest in world news including business news
The Nice to Haves
• Prior field experience in hostile environments.
• Fluent in a second language
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11omm-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.