New York, NY
CNN Heroes seeks a Production Assistant.
• The Production Assistant for CNN Heroes works closely with profile producers and senior producers to assist in planning all aspects of a story's visual presentation from graphics to special effects.
• The PA Tracks down and screens file tape from library and server; Logs or manages the logging for all field tapes unique to this assignment; builds graphics; organizes and prepares video and editorial content so that high pressure deadlines are met, including ingesting appropriate tape to server system and orients and manages unit interns.
• Heroes PA is responsible for delivering content weekly to multiple networks in NY & Atlanta.
• The PA must also maintain the master tape library, oversee numbering & organization of all tape elements including master tapes, dubs, Graphics CD's, and any additional materials gathered during production.
• She or he must be able to coordinate tape delivery to project locker for weekend loads and maintain our long-term storage library.
• In addition, the PA will help identify potential CNN HEROES subjects.
• Develop and enterprise story pitches related to news topics of the day and relevant current issues; Research and secure interviews with characters and sources who will offer a unique perspective and drive the story; Pre-interview possible characters; Successfully pitch these ideas to appropriate show Executive Producer and Seniors; Confirm facts and gather appropriate pictures, documents, research for production elements and establish logistics for field assignments including determining locations and permissions needed; assist in setting up travel & shoot plans; requesting appropriate production resources and gear.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably Journalism/Communications or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• 1 to 2 years production experience in the television news business as well as work in video and graphics.
• Television/Broadcasting background is preferred
• Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and strong news judgement
• Strong research, vetting, writing & storytelling skills
• Able to juggle many tasks at once and manage projects on their own
• Independent problem solver
• Flexible schedule and ability to work long hours under deadline pressures
• Experience in editing a plus
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands