New York, NY
Producer, Longform (CNN+)
We are seeking an experienced Producer I to join the team that will create premium longform content exclusively for CNN+. This is an ambitious and exciting new unit that requires strong leaders and creative storytellers who have experience producing feature content with a sharp focus on popular culture. The Producer I will collaborate with producers and senior leadership team in the pitching, development, and eventual production of long form feature content
• The ideal candidate is creative and has deep knowledge of news as it relates to the nuances of popular culture and a passion for unearthing stories and topics that are provocative and buzzworthy.
• This individual should be highly organized as they will be responsible for multiple segments, in coordination with the Executive Producer and the senior leadership team.
• The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-based, breaking news environment and is capable of creating polished content, maintaining schedules and workflows, while meeting aggressive deadlines for on-budget work.
• Candidates should have experience managing teams in the field and should be adept at creating premium content on a tight timeline.
• The Producer reports directly to the Supervising Producer and will have a hand in the management and growth of junior team members, including associate producers and production associates.
• This individual will work to ensure that the content being produced meets the quality, and journalistic and legal standards of CNN.
• There will be moderate to heavy travel.
• Multiple years experience producing long form and feature storytelling.
• Multiple years experience in shooting and producing in the field.
• Strong editorial judgement, and a knowledge of the digital landscape is required.
• Ability to work enthusiastically in a collaborative, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo4yw-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.