Job Posting Title: Producer – Video Features, CNN
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The CNN Digital Features team is a group of passionate, multitalented producers dedicated to telling impactful stories with cinematic flair and creativity. We produce premium short-form digital video series and franchises across the full range of CNN's editorial departments including Core News, Business, Tech, Politics, Travel and Wellness. From exploring the future of food in the remote deserts of New Mexico, to investigating the impact of drought on Arizona farmers, to navigating West Virginia's bluegrass scene, we tell stories big and small across the country with the aim of informing, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today.
Producers on the Digital Features team must be skilled at all phases of end-to-end video story production. The ideal candidate will be excited to take ownership of a project from conception to delivery; he/she will be able to research, pitch and develop stories and series, shoot and execute video collaboratively in the field on budget, and write/edit video for a variety of digital and social platforms.
• Research, pitch and develop digital video stories and series with editorial partners and platforms in mind
• Develop visual and narrative styles and motifs
• Plan, produce, and execute shoots in the field with a cinematic eye
• Edit feature videos from rough to final edit
• Responsibly manage schedules and budgets to ensure timely, current and cost-effective productions
• Creatively troubleshoot and problem-solve challenges
• Collaborate with other teams across the organization (writers, programmers, social producers, broadcast)
• May lead smaller production teams in the development and execution of smaller projects
• Multitask projects and productions
• Be fully accountable for projects from conception to delivery on deadline
• Ideal candidates will have 4+ years of experience in the field, shooting with DSLR cameras or similar prosumer cameras (FS7, C300).
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Strong editorial judgement
• High expertise in post-production editing software such as Premiere Pro and After Effects
• Deep experience creating video for digital platforms - social, mobile and desktop.
• Track record of collaborating in a deadline-driven news environment.
• A portfolio of proven journalistic credentials, showing judgment and creativity
• Experience creating serialized video franchises from the pitch process to publishing
• Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast high-pressure environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxne9o-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.