Sr Product UX Writer
CNN Health is looking for a producer with strong newsgathering abilities and experience with TV production. The producer should be an excellent researcher with a background in health or science. You must be a collaborative team player who can clearly and quickly develop breaking news into a segment for a CNN medical correspondent. Your time will be spent pursuing unique angles that will move our reporting forward.
• Work to identify the next development in a story, and get ahead of it
• Develop and maintain strong sources to break news and quickly contextualize new developments
• Synthesize your reporting to present on various platforms, including social media
• Collaborate with producers, correspondents and writers/editors to craft your reporting into stories for TV and Digital
• Clearly communicate editorial and logistical information between the team, Digital, newsgathering and shows
• BA/BS in journalism
• 3+ years of experience in a news environment at a major network, local station or website
• Background in medical or science journalism preferred
• TV/digital writing experience is a must
• Strong logistical and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work under pressure and juggle multiple editorial pursuits simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn43n-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.