Events Coordinator (Temporary)
CNN is seeking a temporary Events Coordinator to join the Creative Marketing: Events & Activations team in New York. This role will support the team in executing all external and internal event marketing initiatives for CNN's linear and digital properties. The role requires extensive organizational skills, a passion for the media, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, creative thinking, a passion for innovation and industry trends, and to have a strong interest in event marketing. Candidates need to have a healthy interest in the news, digital media and the journalism industry, an adaptability to adjust to a fast-paced cycle, along with familiarity with CNN's networks and platforms.
• Support the Director of Events in all pre, post and onsite logistics for both in-person and virtual events
• Create and distribute event invites; manage guest list databases and RSVP tracking systems.
• Help to support budget management process.
• Coordinate and maintain inventory of event assets and premiums.
• Maintain yearly events calendar Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, venues and agencies.Develop a deep knowledge of industry and trends.
• Generate innovative ideas to participate in brainstorming sessions.Travel to provide onsite event support when necessary.
• Qualifications 1 year of experience as event coordinator or similar role.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong initiative, self-motivated and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with multiple departments and all levels of the organization.
• Four-year college degree preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zy3z-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.