WarnerMedia seeks a Director for the Technical Operations department. The Director is responsible for directing in a fast-paced news and show production environment. Responsible for developing and implementing a ''vision'' for the program along with editorial leadership and the directors working on shows in other cities. This includes long term show planning as well as determining the format and content for daily programming.
• Responsible for leading control room crew.
• Direct live and taped shows and/or presentations, remote or in a studio, which includes show design and format, set design, lighting, blocking, graphics, show changes, music, sight survey and set-up
• Supervise or act as Director/TD for any show preproduction. Participate in the annual performance evaluations of technical and editorial staff
• Document highlights and lowlights via daily show/shift reports
• Assist ops manager to ensure client needs during day-to-day production
• Supervise the technical crew assigned to live and taped telecasts and/or presentations. Inform and advise the technical crew of show needs
• Meet with Editorial staff members prior to the show for the purpose of daily and future planning
• Take responsibility (as scheduled) for major needs for shows (set changes, new graphics look, etc.)
• Able to be flexible to be pulled off show production for meetings with graphics, execs and travel (liaison with creative directors and shows
• Work with network/show leads on planning and executing changes for sets, new graphic looks, new shows
• Meets with Network Creative Director or Manager at least twice a year to discuss issues and improvements that can be made with network/show looks and further advice
Must have a strong command of news programming and be a voracious consumer of news and video content in its many forms. An ideal candidate must also have superior editorial judgment. Experience in television news production is required.
• Five years Industry experience directing in a live news environment, operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre/post production
• An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment
• Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the field. Most applicants have Masters or Bachelor degree in Journalism or communications (other degrees are considered)
• Applicants should have at least 3 to 4 years technical directing and/or directing experience
• Candidate should have a news background and watches television news and reads information relevant to news on a weekly basis
Nice to Haves
• Significant industry experience directing in a live news environment and significant industry experience as a Technical Director in a live news environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2oo2-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.