CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Designer is an experienced visual communicator who collaborates with artists, designers, producers, and directors to create design assets and content related imagery on our products and platforms for live and VOD content.
• Create digital designs, layouts, and other related still graphic assets for our content development team including presentations, pitch decks, newsletters, and mocks
• Partner with broadcast, marketing, product, and the larger content development design team to design and implement visual identities and supporting design assets across the entire content development team
• Conceptualize and create visually engaging thumbnails, key art, hero images, and other on platform editorial content imagery
• Design and illustrate series and episodic level preview imagery, visually conveying content in a single image to drive audiences
• Experiment with and iterate on thumbnail designs for maximum audience impact
• 5+ years related work experience creating and developing graphics
• Strong design and typographic sensibility, experience in a deadline driven environment, technical skills with digital graphics and animations and the ability to handle larger and more complex projects.
• Must have an awareness of current business and industry trends
• Experience driving audience engagement and leading them down the funnel with design and visuals
• Experience working knowledge of graphic design software such as Adobe Suite, Figma
• Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal skills, to clearly communicate and lead diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb1vk-3-239-118-166-42 in your application.