See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
US politics are more tumultuous and consequential than ever before, and CNN's audiences are looking for reliable, readable journalism that connects the dots on complex issues and breaks down what they need to know about candidates, campaigns and how elections are run.
CNN seeks a deputy campaign editor for the CNN Politics campaigns & elections team who will anchor our weekend coverage. The successful candidate will play an essential role in guiding our digital election coverage and will be responsible for steering, assigning, and editing stories on the politics desk.
The deputy campaign editor will work with the senior campaign editor as well as our senior weekend editor to shape and direct weekends, collaborating with our newsgathering and programming partners to best reach and serve CNN digital audiences across platforms.
• Work with the senior campaign editor to manage a team of reporters covering campaigns, elections and voting rights
• Edit fast-moving news stories as well as enterprise and analysis
• Keep other editors and newsroom partners informed as news develops
• On weekends, anchor morning coverage of campaigns and breaking news
• 4+ years' experience in an editorial or reporter role at a traditional or digital native news organization
• Ability to edit copy for clarity, accuracy, and news value
• Excellent news judgment
• Clear communication skills and understanding of when to flag things for senior leadership
• Show a high level of flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions
• Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills
• Strong copy-editing skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpnwq-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.