Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks an Associate Producer for the CNN Newsroom Weekday 2pm department.
• This Atlanta AP position is responsible for viewing and selecting accurate and compelling video elements and segments for news programs.
• They are the main link between the show production team and media operations.
• This person is critical to cutting pieces, voice-overs, etc. for the daily production of the news shows.
• This AP role will also build graphics, producer segments and packages and do some field producing, when necessary.
• AP responsibilities include, but are not limited to: viewing and selecting the strongest and most accurate video elements (packages, sound-bites, B-roll, etc.) for a newscast.
• APs should be familiar with all important stories and the elements that go with them.
• They communicate show needs with writers, producers, and assignment desks.
• Other responsibilities include ordering and/or producing graphics, reporter packages, social media segments as well as prepare editing requests and use technological tools to research and gather archive video.
• APs make sure all video elements are prepared properly for air and that meMediaSourceecords include accurate details.
• They work in the front row of the control room to communicate the status of video elements and ensure best elements are available quickly.
• Two years as an AP, writer/producer or producer in local news, cable or at the network level.
• Must have strong news awareness and production skills, the desire to work in a 24-hour newsroom environment and the ability to react quickly and calmly to breaking news situations.
• The candidate must be able to handle themselves professionally in changing and challenging situations and be able to react quickly under duress.
• Knowledge of iNews is extremely beneficial. Understanding of graphics, social media and non-linear production is essential.
• Ideal candidate must be aggressive and be able to adapt to changing technology, demonstrate strong editorial judgment and be willing to work whenever needed.
• Candidates must be extremely flexible and willing to support breaking news and coverage needs in alall-dayarts.
• Four-year degree or commensurate work experience.
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34evq-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.