Content Information Specialist
An Associate Producer for CNN Español, works closely with line producers to assist them in putting together shows, helping to execute them from inception to completion.
• Associate Producer duties include, but are not limited to: writing scripts; coordinating with the international, national and affiliates desks to gather relevant video, sound and pkgs; working closely with graphics artists for other elements to enhance stories for shows.
• An AP is expected to assist supervisors and producers in the control room and should be able to handle live/breaking news coverage.
• He or she would produce live shots, coordinating logistics with correspondents, field producers, bureaus and freelancers.
• Exceptional communication skills are necessary.
• Assist producers with their editorial needs by helping gather information, video and graphics.
• In the process, APs will serve as a key individual who will coordinate closely with Media Supervisor at Media Operations.
• The AP will also have some writing responsibilities.
***Must be able to work any shift, including nights and weekends as this role supports a 24/7 business**
** Spanish/English proficiency, both written and verbal, is required**
• 2+ years previous newsroom experience required
• Strong communication skills required
• Spanish language fluency, English language proficiency, both written and verbal is required
• Ability to edit and turn around video in a fast-paced environment
• News and business writing in Spanish with an emphasis on Latin American news
• Control room experience preferred
• College degree in journalism, or equivalent work experience
• The preferred candidate is available to work any shift including overnights
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands