Senior Director, Partnerships and Business Development Strategy
New York, NY
CNN is seeking an Associate Manager of Business Development & Strategy to develop new revenue streams and establish growth strategies across CNN's digital properties. The individual should be self-motivated, passionate and be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks. The Business Development Associate Manager will report directly to the Manager of Business Development and Strategy, and provide strategic and deal flow support from sourcing through negotiation, execution, optimization, and partner relationship management, with a focus on licensing and distribution.
• Management of and support for revenue-generating partnerships, including pipeline development, sourcing (inbound, outbound, long-term strategic), deal viability evaluation, business term negotiations, and deal operationalizing.
• Work closely alongside the Manager of Business Development and Strategy to establish and execute on high-priority CNN strategic initiatives, with a focus on licensing and distribution.
• Develop thought partner relationships and provide strategic support for CNN editorial and programming teams across CNN Digital (e.g., CNN Politics, CNN Business, CNN Originals, CNN International, CNN Health, CNN Travel, CNN Climate).
• Partner relationship management and optimization of existing business partnerships, including new features/revenue streams, and performance improvement opportunities.
• Work centrally with teams across the CNN Digital organization, including Editorial, Product, Business Operations, and Programming.
• Develop strong relationships with counterparts across CNN and WarnerMedia ecosystem, including CNN+, HBO, HBO Max, Turner Sports, and Bleacher Report.
• 3+ years of work experience.
• Business development, strategy, management consulting, or investment banking experience.
• Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into action.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to facilitate and communicate cross-functionally to ensure consistent development and execution of strategies.
• High degree of comfort with Microsoft Suite for analysis, research, and presentation creation.
Key Contributors to Success
• Keen attention to, and enthusiasm for, evolving media and technology landscape.
• Creative problem solver that can proactively identify problems, pull together data and people to identify causes and develop solutions. Strong attention to detail.
• High level of emotional intelligence, with the ability to create the right solutions and approaches for each situation.
• High degree of professionalism and the ability to interact with and present directly to senior management.
• Curious and fast learner, with a track record of taking on increasing levels of responsibility in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Interest and prior experience in the entertainment industry is strongly preferred.
• Subject matter expertise (journalism, media, content, technology) preferred.
• A solid understanding of the film and/or media markets/business models.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m2nm-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.