What you'll do:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of 24 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Perform a variety crew jobs as needed for multiple live daily programs.
• Availability to work in any of our studio locations.
• Direct interaction and management of high-profile talent and guests.
• Perform studio maintenance and operation including lighting, set effects, cable management, and set aesthetics.
• Operation of wireless audio equipment. Management of audio equipment including multiple microphones and IFB's, preparing talent and guests with proper audio equipment as needed.
• Familiarity with the P2 Panasonic camera. Ability to pick up the camera and shoot handheld at a moment's notice.
• Assist with other responsibilities as needed.
What we'll offer:
Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
1 year of experience in a live broadcast environment
• PC literate
• Ability to work all hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to travel to both exchanges in NYC
• Must be able to prioritize and service multiple requests, demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, remain calm under pressure, and show a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
You'll stand out if:
BA or college-level equivalent
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• The ability to perform in a fast paced and high pressure environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be able to succeed under the pressure of a live television production environment, exhibit great attention to detail, and be a team player.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw87b2-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.