Freelance Technical Artist Real-Time Graphics, CNBC
Reporting to the Senior Director Real-Time Graphics, PEP TA supports all real-time graphic aspects of the network. This includes all real-time charts, boards, ticker and other real-time data displays as well as implementations of virtual sets and augmented reality elements. TA must be able to evaluate elements provided by designers, under the guidance of the Principal/Lead Technical Artist (P/LTA) and in coordination with real-time developers and assist in deriving scene architecture and methodologies to make the elements work on real-time devices while faithfully emulating the given design.
Frequently will be presented with issues concerning existing real-time scenes that require analysis and troubleshooting. TA must be able to evaluate, advise and help making decisions to resolve such issues while communicating with developers the cause and mutually acceptable solution.
TA is a position that requires independent thinking and analysis to help devise solutions to the full spectrum of issues affecting real-time graphics. Person will work unsupervised at times and help lead and instruct Technical Artists and Associate Technical artists.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Work with P/LTA to provide to Senior Director Real Time Graphics (SDRTG) detailed scene architecture and timeframe estimates for all projects.
• With the RTG team, devise and work closely with Design department to re-create post rendered designs in real time systems and explain and mitigate any issues that cannot be completely re-created in a real-time system.
• Work closely with RT Development team to provide proper scene structure for the connections needed in real-time scene to display data.
• Understand overall real-time scene architecture, structure, and philosophy and maintain and enforce same as scene evolves.
• Work with 3D animators and designers to have them provide most efficient elements to real-time scene.
• Coordinate with P/LTA and with Engineering and IT teams to ensure that computer and graphic technology, software, camera tracking and encoding systems are all operational and up to date.
• Provide training for artists and developers on all aspects of real-time software, scenes and processes as implemented at CNBC
• Constant vigilance for new software, hardware, and practices that can enhance not only the display of real-time graphics, but also enhance and enrich the end viewer/user of CNBC products. Will advise and recommend such discoveries to P/LTA as appropriate.
• Willingness and expectation to work long, non-standard days and hours as projects require.
• Other duties, projects, and assignments as assigned.
• 2 years of experience with broadcast TV Production
• Deep knowledge of Unreal game engine software.
• Experience with TV Broadcast real-time rendering software (Brainstorm, Viz, etc.)
• Experience building virtual sets and augmented elements for broadcast TV.
• Working knowledge of camera tracking and encoding systems.
• Understanding of 3D post processing render software (Maya, 3DStudio Max, etc.)
• Extensive experience with Adobe Suite of products, especially Photoshop and After Effects
• Familiarity with scripting languages
• Ability to reverse engineer existing scripting languages especially Python
• Familiarity with chroma-key methods, hardware, and software (specifically Ultimate).
• Curiosity and desire to explore and find new technologies that can support and further real-time uses at the business.
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwj32-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.