CNBC is looking for the next generation of multimedia journalists!
Our News Associates Program is a postgraduate opportunity designed to give participants exposure to a wide range of experiences, ongoing mentorship and targeted training within the fast-paced world of business news. Aspiring journalists with diverse backgrounds will hone research skills, work on developing news stories in a working news bureau, and participate in field and studio production on a variety of news programs.
After four, four-month rotations within our Newsroom, team members will graduate from the program with the chance to apply for exciting internal roles and will be equipped with the knowledge and tools to thrive in today's news space. The program will begin July of 2022.
Exciting rotations are available within the following areas:
CNBC TV Assignment Desk/Breaking News
As a news associate on the assignment desk, expect a fast-paced, high energy work day in which you're working with various reporters on several different subject matters throughout the entire day.
CNBC Show (ex. Closing Bell)
As a news associate on a live CNBC TV show, expect a fluid work day that is constantly changing, depending on the headlines of that day. It builds up and culminates with the live show. Most shows start and end with a team meeting. The morning meeting focuses on laying out the show coming up that day. The afternoon meeting looks ahead at what type of stories and guests are lined up the next day.
CNBC's enterprise reporters work hard to own the beats that matter most to finance and business readers. Each reporting group works closely with a section editor to delve deeply into their beats, chase down scoops and push the news forward.
Digital Video/Social Media/Strategic Content/Long Form
After completing the essential rotations there are several other TV and Digital departments you may have the opportunity to rotate into!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of sixteen (16) months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Must be willing to work in the New York/New Jersey area beginning July 2022
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• A bachelor's degree, graduate degree or equivalent professional experience
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV
You'll stand out if:
• A desire to tell great stories
• Journalism experience
• Highly motivated individuals
• Commitment to Television News Production as a career
• Solid writing skills
• Proven leadership skills
• A desire to tell great stories
• A competitive nature
• A willingness to collaborate with teammates
• A genuine enthusiasm for CNBC content
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxbmp-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.