Division: CNBC International
Department: Digital Video & Social Media
Position: Assistant Producer & Editor, Digital Video
Reports to: Head of Digital Video & Social Media
NBC UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC is the world's number one business and financial news network. Its mission is to help the influential and aspirational make astute decisions to get ahead by providing live market updates, breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews.
CNBC's vast portfolio includes CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the network's premium subscription service that provides real-time global market data and market analysis, as well as a growing slate of live events where consumers can experience CNBC's award-winning journalism, live.
With headquarters in New Jersey, London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi, CNBC provides a truly global 24-hour business briefing for senior business leaders, the financial community and those with assets to invest or protect. Today the channel is available in more than 392 million homes worldwide. CNBC also boasts a growing audience across its social media and digital video platforms.
Visit www.cnbc.com for more information.
CNBC is seeking an enthusiastic Producer/Editor with a passion for visual storytelling and business news to join CNBC International's digital video team. The Producer/Editor will be responsible for partnering with journalists across the larger CNBC International newsroom, tapping into subject-matter expertise to produce interesting and timely explainer-style content on the biggest stories affecting global markets.
Here are some examples of videos our team has worked on:
• How Russia's war exposed the dark side of luxury London
• Davos: How an elite meeting in the mountains became so divisive
• The Great Resignation has gone global – and it's shaking up the labor market for good
• Demystifying Web3, the crypto world's bid to reshape the internet
• Own video projects from end-to-end, including:
• Editing videos together in a professional and creative way
• Arranging and attending shoots
• Sourcing video
• Handling rights clearance and legal matters
• Distributing content for publication
• Keeping all stakeholders informed about responsibilities and deadlines
• Pitch timely explainer-style videos and identify reporters to partner with on them
• Build relationships with journalists with an interest in digital video across CNBC's global newsrooms
• Repurpose 7–10-minute videos into one-minute short-form content for platforms like TikTok and Instagram
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrated experience producing and editing videos for a digital news organization
• Talented and creative video editor
• Mastery of Adobe Premiere
• Knowledge of After Effects is a plus
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and the ability to work well under deadline pressure
• Strong editorial judgement and the ability to identify stories that capture our viewers' attention
• Broad knowledge of current events, business, financial and technology news
• Working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9zvm-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.