Junior Quality Control Technician
New York, NY
NOTE: Cinedigm is currently a 100% work-from-home company. While we may return to an office environment in the future, we do not have plans to return to an office setting until after Q3 of calendar year 2021. When we return to an office environment, the incumbent may be required to work from the office on a part or full-time basis, as neede d. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
The Senior Quality Control Technician is responsible for overseeing the quality control assurance processes for all incoming source assets for the company's digital and OTT distribution business. This role will additionally help establish and refine best practices within the department and for the company at large. The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced expert in audio & video technologies and is an established leader capable of mentoring and developing junior staff. The candidate must be extremely capable of working with large volumes of assets and utilizing and helping develop the company's proprietary content management and delivery platform. The candidate must be a natural researcher and troubleshooter with the ability to clearly identify and resolve issues that arise during the technical QC evaluation process and optimize these processes as needed.
• Oversee and perform quality control on incoming deliverables for technical acceptability across delivery partners.
• Encode/Transcode media assets based on platform requirements.
• Digitally package and deliver film, trailer, art, closed captions, and metadata via Aspera/FTP.
• Vet quality control reports in our proprietary digital distribution platform and ensures assets complete in the ingest log.
• Maintain the workflow for fixing titles that error on delivery platforms and ensure fixed files are ingested into Matchpoint for re-delivery.
• Manage incoming libraries of content by categorizing and backing up files to AWS and local storage.
• Track progress and KPIs via project management software.
• Liaise with vendors on an as-needed basis.
• General operational duties including but not limited to helping with metadata curation.
• A minimum of 4-6 years prior experience in Master QC, Quality Control, and/or Media fulfillment to TVOD/AVOD/SVOD platforms (e.g., iTunes and Netflix)
• Mastery of QC fundamentals, digital file formats, and associated underlying audio/video technologies, codecs, file compression, etc.
• Working experience and proficiency with programs such as Final Cut Pro, QuickTime 7 Pro, Switch Plus and MacCaption.
• Working experience with SMPTE Standards for digital distribution.
• Strong understanding of free ad-supported television (FAST) streaming technology, specifically QC or related functions.
• Attention to detail with the ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work independently, and within a team.
• An ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information. Adapting to ongoing changes in processes, priorities, tasks, and workflows.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, capable of managing tasks efficiently, able to self-manage with a vested attitude.
• Great interpersonal skills - maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Experience or a basic familiarity with Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Media Encoder, Premiere, Illustrator).
• Proficiency with Aspera and FTP/SFTP delivery systems.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Experience with Monday.com or similar project management software.
• BA or BFA in related field (Film/Media/Communications) preferred but not required.
Cinedigm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate or promote discrimination or harassment of any kind. Cinedigm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more than twenty years, Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains hundreds of millions of consumers around the globe by providing premium content, streaming channels, and technology services to the world’s largest media, technology, and retail companies.