Los Angeles, CA
NOTE: Cinedigm is currently a 100% work-from-home company. While we may return to an office environment in the future, we do not have plans to return to an office setting until after Q3 of calendar year 2021. When we return to an office environment, the incumbent may be required to work from the office on a part or full-time basis, as needed. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
Cinedigm is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst with a focus on budgeting/forecasting, reporting, and analysis to collaborate with internal partners to understand key business drivers and assess the impact on the company's financials. This role requires the ability to dive deep into complex data to synthesize information. We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to take initiative, ask questions, detect problems and provide solutions.
• Build and track budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans as well as ad hoc analysis.
• Create, improve, and maintain financial reporting tools and processes.
• Propose and implement improvements to drive efficiencies in reporting accuracy.
• Analyze actual results in comparison to prior periods and budget; produce variance reports and analyses to inform management of trends and cause of change.
• Draft executive summaries and presentations that headline the financial and operational performance of the organization based on metric analysis and tracking.
• Partner with Controllership to tighten, streamline and simplify the close.
• Prepare and review valuation and spreadsheet models for accuracy including the discounted cash flow (DCF), guideline public company, and transaction methods.
• Lead acquisition integration for Finance and Accounting.
• Support the SEC filing and reporting process.
• Assist with the quarterly reviews and annual audit.
• Remain current on AVOD, SVOD, and content acquisition trends amidst a rapidly changing landscape
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or similar required.
• Valuation credentials such as CVA, ABV, AVA, or ASA preferred.
• MBA and/or CPA preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in finance.
• Experience with publicly held media and entertainment companies preferred.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting, operations, account analysis, and management reporting.
• Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Must have great organizational skills and be able to handle complicated work efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources and manage projects/processes under tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail and ability to analyze data and problem solve.
• Must be a team player with a strong work ethic.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Cinedigm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate or promote discrimination or harassment of any kind. Cinedigm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zp90-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
For more than twenty years, Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains hundreds of millions of consumers around the globe by providing premium content, streaming channels, and technology services to the world’s largest media, technology, and retail companies.