Senior Financial Analyst
Los Angeles, CA
NOTE: Cinedigm is currently a 100% work-from-home company. While we may return to an office environment in the future, we do not have plans to return to an office setting until after Q3 of the calendar year 2021. When we return to an office environment, this position will be based in Los Angeles, and the incumbent will be required to work from the office on a part or full-time basis, as needed. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
The Executive Director, Financial Contracting, Reporting & Analysis will be a hands-on collaborative leader and mentor to the Financial Contracting, Reporting & Analysis team. The position requires a roll-up your sleeves approach to setting and achieving deadlines and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Responsible for technical and operational accounting, reporting, and analysis with respect to the streaming and physical lines of business as well as any new and emerging business ventures including royalties, distribution reporting, tax and audit oversight, SOX controls and compliance, and SEC reporting including the development and evaluation of MD&A.
• Manage the revenue cycle including contract review, technical interpretation, financial analysis, and reporting.
• Support the business intelligence function in the identification, monitoring, and evaluating of KPIs.
• Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all revenue and related accounts.
• Perform complex financial analysis of contracts, writing technical memos, and liaising with business leads and Finance to stay current on direct and indirect costs, allocation, and timing which directly impacts revenue.
• Responsible for ensuring the revenue process is SOX compliant by performing key controls and maintaining relevant documentation.
• Identify overall technical accounting matters relative to the business, develop position papers and ensure compliance with GAAP in the form of policies, processes, and systems.
• Review and interpret all forms of content arrangements and determine the appropriate accounting treatment.
• Prepare revenue assurance and ASC 606 templates for all applicable contracts.
• Prepare technical memo concluding on ASC 606 implications of applicable contracts.
• Perform monthly review of revenue by category to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to month-end close.
• Perform monthly review and analysis of receivables, deferred revenue, and revenue from a holistic financial statement view.
• Assess collectability of receivables monthly based on analysis and review in partnership with the Assistant Controller and Corporate Controller.
• Work with Corporate Controllership teams to gather information necessary to address new GAAP accounting standard requirements and implementations.
• Research and provide technical accounting assessments and opinions that impact CIDM's financial statements.
• Work closely with the Assistant Controller on issues impacting the financial statement, SEC footnote presentations, and disclosures.
• Support the business with technical accounting research, peer comparison analysis, acquisitions & due diligence activities.
• Perform ad hoc reporting and special projects as requested for compliance & process improvement to achieve best practices.
• Support the external audits; actively engage with auditors on identifying areas of improvement and providing best practice recommendations.
• Monitor key internal controls over revenue financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
• Work with distributors of physical products on reporting, accounting, processing, and any financially impactful issues.
• Generate and compile royalty reports for streaming channels for the team to prepare quarterly statements.
• Analyze and record (un)recoupment and impairments of Licensors' advances and receivables on a quarterly basis.
• Partner in the oversight, development, and mentorship of the royalties team to ensure best practices for royalty statement preparation, review, and maintenance of audit-ready documentation.
• Provide semi-monthly documentations for current Borrowing Base with the bank and answer any internal inquiries that arise.
• Continuously assess opportunities for automation, systems enhancement, and configuration optimization.
• Drive best practices working with the VP Controller and the SVP Finance and Accounting.
• B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance or similar preferred.
• Active CPA license a must.
• MBA preferred.
• Big Four experience a plus.
• Experience with royalty processing and reporting including interpretation of Licensors contracts.
• Advanced Excel skills (i.e. complex formulas, macros, V and H lookups, pivot tables, and the utilization of various combinations).
• Excellent communication skills across the organization as well as external parties.
• Adept at cross-functional collaboration.
• Experience working for a publicly-traded company in the media and entertainment industry.
• 7-10 years in Accounting, with experience in royalties, distribution, and licensing a plus.
Cinedigm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate or promote discrimination or harassment of any kind. Cinedigm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more than twenty years, Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains hundreds of millions of consumers around the globe by providing premium content, streaming channels, and technology services to the world’s largest media, technology, and retail companies.