CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
KCBS2/KCAL9 has an immediate opening for a News Photographer for the Los Angeles Duopoly. The News Photographer is responsible for gathering news content and operating ENG equipment for the KCBS2/KCAL9 News operation.
A successful candidate must have the ability to capture compelling visuals and audio at the speed of news with a ''can-do'' approach to problem solving. This is a fast-paced, high-energy environment requiring a highly skilled and creative individual with the technical know-how to get live quickly and safely. You must be a team player that consistently contributes to the editorial process with story ideas and during the newsgathering process. You must be open to implementing new technologies and methods to accomplish future assignments.
• Safely operate news gathering equipment throughout Southern California
• Edit stories quickly and accurately (in-house or field)
• Comply with CBS and Cal OSHA safety standards
• Competent with Edius editing and Sony XD cameras preferred
• SNG truck operation skills a plus
• Excellent technical and ENG lighting skills required
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, high-pressure, tight-deadline environment
• Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational & people skills
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude & leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment throughout the shift
• Must be willing to work flexible schedules which may include early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
• Must have and maintain a valid California Driver's License
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bx0y-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.