CBS Television Stations
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS Newspath is looking for a high-energy, inquisitive journalist who is a strong storyteller with impeccable news judgement. Proven ability to multi-task under deadline and turn compelling, accurate reporter packages on major national and breaking news for Newspath's 200+ affiliates and clients. The multiskilled journalist must be able to explain complicated topics in a conversational way and follow all CBS News standards when reporting.
This position involves both Saturday and Sunday shifts.
- Covering news events
- Writing, tracking and editing stories
- Traveling and reporting live from various locations
- Pitching and developing content that is of interest to a national audience
- Generating content and enterprising ideas for linear and digital platforms
- Capturing news elements and shooting stories in the field
- Pursuing newsmakers and conducting interviews
- Updating story editorial for all time zones during shift
- Communicating frequently and optimally
- Fostering a highly collaborative, productive working environment
- Representing company professionally at all times in public interactions
- Maintaining all company-issued technology, equipment and vehicles, and initiate troubleshooting/repairs
- 5 years of experience as an on-air multiskilled journalist (shooting and editing your stories) in a medium to large market.
- Must provide a reel demonstrating reporting skills as well as photography and editing skills.
- Proven skills required with video editing software such as Avid and Adobe Premiere.
- Must have technical troubleshooting skills.
- Must be physically able to carry, shoulder and shoot with a broadcast ENG camera (25 lbs. or more) as well as carry necessary equipment (tripod, lights, microphones, etc.).
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills required.
- Degree in Journalism, Communications and/or Broadcasting preferred
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk97w8-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.