Associate Digital Content Producer
CBS Television Stations
Digital Content Producer (Freelance/Per diem - Union)
CBSPhilly.com and CWPhilly.com provide trusted news, traffic, sports, weather, entertainment and lifestyle content for the Philadelphia region.
The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for the overall production of the sites, app and social media channels. The candidate will write, copyedit and publish news articles in addition to editing and uploading videos and photos. The Producer will also oversee distribution of content on social media and facilitate livestreaming.
We are looking for a high-performance, experienced candidate who has a background in breaking news, strong communication skills and an ability to identify and independently pursue unique local content as a digital reporter.
The candidate will be responsible for making important editorial decisions and identifying lead stories. The candidate will be required to interact daily with the CBS Local editorial staff to coordinate online coverage and identify broadcast promotional opportunities.
The candidate will be a diligent copyeditor who is meticulous about spelling, grammar and overall accuracy of the content.
The candidate must be creative and willing to think out-of-the-box to troubleshoot when technical issues arise.
• At least 3 years of news writing experience
• Breaking news experience
• HTML and Wordpress knowledge
• AP style and copyediting experience
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom
• Must be available to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
• Proficient in effectively using social media channels to drive traffic to the website.
• Video and photo editing experience
• College degree in journalism or communication or comparable work experience
• Understanding of SEO strategies
• Advanced video and photo editing experience
• Experience with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics