This position is part of a small team responsible for technical support of Showtime's post-production infrastructure at our New York office. You will support our post-production facility (Red Post), as well as Marketing, Sports, and Digital Services end-users and their workstations. In this capacity, you must bring excellent MacOS, Adobe Premiere and After Effects support ability along with notable experience, particularly in a creative group environment. As part of the global ViacomCBS family, this team sometimes provides support to other business units outside of Showtime, at the discretion of the department head. This is primarily an on-site job at 1633 Broadway, and the user base is both on-premises and remote. Occasional weekend and overtime work is anticipated.
This position provides first-line support for our many production workstations and end-users. You will be responsible for responding to email/Slack help requests and answering the tech support phone hotline. This person will work with the team to configure and deploy audio, video, and graphics systems. This can involve OS and application installation and configuration, enrolling systems into our enterprise management tool and inventory system, neat system wiring, and end-user handoff. Troubleshooting and problem solving for end-users is a primary responsibility. Diagnosis and resolution of end-user issues must be documented and clearly communicated to the team.
As the production support specialist, you will also help onboard new hires. This involves basic training on their deployed hardware, familiarizing them with the workflows in which they will participate, instill best practices, and be the primary resource for application support and other issues as they arise.
You will work at the direction of the technical management team to help maintain post-production foundational technology. This includes our Quantum production SAN, IPV Curator MAM, Eaton power management, and other integrated technologies that drive the post-production facility.Inventory tracking is an important part of the job, and you will be responsible for timely entry of new items into our inventory system.
You will also be a resource when developing new workflows, performing application and hardware testing/validation as needed.
The work of this position has no budgetary responsibility. You will primarily be accountable for the quality of troubleshooting and problem solving you provide to our end-users.
Supporting Adobe/Mac-based post-production workflows for a television network and facility. Preference will be given to candidates who have supported MAM and/or SAN systems for video production, as well as those with AWS Cloud Services experience.
• 4+ Years providing support for Adobe Premiere and After Effects, as well as familiarity with Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools.
• 5+ Years troubleshooting MacOS is required, as is proficiency with Microsoft Windows.
• Superior communication and organizational skills are a must. You must be an effective written and verbal communicator, comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment.
• The ability to clearly and effectively document your work (steps to resolution of a technical support issue, diagramming of a workflow or design idea are examples).
• Command of broadcast technical specifications and definitions, and significant experience with common outboard equipment (Blackmagic Design and AJA I/O and converters, professional scopes, Wacom tablets, audio meters, etc.) is necessary.
• 1+ Years supporting StorNext SANs.
• 1+ Years supporting basic networking efforts.
• Ability to read and interpret basic wiring diagrams.
• Familiarity with Linux.
• Experience with shared storage for a production environment in general.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x3wq-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.