Executive Assistant to CBS News President
Location: New York
The role: CBS News is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the President and Co-head of CBS News and the CBS Television Stations.
Overview & Responsibilities:
• Provide executive-level administrative support including meeting and travel planning, managing of expense reports, scheduling, phone/mail, supplies, filing, and other business-related duties.
• Schedule and arrange meetings and conference calls with internal and external parties at a fast and constantly changing pace.
• Handle heavy telephone contact with all levels of internal and external executive management and employees.
• Screen telephone calls, visitors, and letters. Answer routine questions and furnish information.
• Keep executive abreast of trends and new developments in the news space by reading industry publications, monitoring social media, and tracking competitor's initiatives.
• Providing good judgment in monitoring and prioritizing information flow and meetings throughout the day
• Utilize judgment in handling inquiries from vendors, candidates, employees, and resolve concerns/issues, as necessary.
• Handle confidential information with absolute discretion.
• Plan staff and other team events including staff meetings, senior team meetings, and off-sites when necessary. This includes managing all aspects including vendor selection, catering, audiovisual, and other logistics.
• Assist with short and long-term projects, research, and presentations.
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College
• At least 2-3 years of relevant administrative experience within the broadcast industry
• Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite and social media.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of management.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
• Flexible, organized, self-starter, and extremely detailed-oriented.
• Proactive approach with the ability to seek out answers and resources on own.
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritize and juggle numerous projects and deadlines in an extremely fast-paced and high-volume environment.
• Must be willing to work in New York City.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• The ability to work overtime, as needed.
• Exercise various degrees of discretion and judgment with sensitive matters and information
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93qp7-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.