• Assist the CBS Decision Desk team in preparation for their work covering the 2022 elections.
• Assist with producing data analysis
• Help monitor the performance of statistical models and systems in a testing environment
• Assist preparing and formatting database files; number-checking across multiple products and elections systems
• Locate, collect and analyze state- and county voting information throughout the fall campaign season
• There may be opportunities to produce or assist in producing materials and content for distribution
• Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of US elections and elections procedures, and/or some graduate-level education in political, social, data science or economics, and specifically voting behavior
• Ability to work under tight deadlines with accuracy; experience using statistical software and facility with basic statistical methods, and/or geographic-based analyses and related software, R and/or Python
• Demonstrated ability to produce election analyses in multiple formats are strong pluses.
This is a temporary per-diem position beginning June, 2022 and continuing through the end of November, 2022. This position assigned to the New York City at the CBS News Broadcast Center with remote work anticipated. There may be an opportunity to arrange some flexibility in start date, hours and/or remote work arrangements. The successful candidate is expected to be available during the Election season and during all election events.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79w8q-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.