SVP, Promotions, Partnerships & Events
Studio City, CA
CBS Marketing is looking for a data-driven strategic planner with extensive experience gathering insights, developing plans, and working cross-functionally to implement and support highly creative and effective cross-channel marketing campaigns. As the Marketing Strategy Director, you will play a key role in developing the long-range strategic roadmap that aligns CBS content across Entertainment, News, and Sports with marketing and branding initiatives to optimize short-term performance, long-term plans, and identify future opportunities. If you have experience and a record of success developing customer-facing marketing programs and a deep understanding of the content distribution and entertainment business, this could be the role for you. This role will involve a wide scope of projects that require extensive research, analysis, data interpretation, business writing and deck creation, and project management. The Marketing Strategy Director will develop customer-centric, culturally relevant marketing strategies, roadmaps, and plans that build the CBS core, sub, and content brands and deliver on business goals. You will work cross-functionally to bring strategic objectives to life and gather insights on customer behavior, market trends, and competitive to inform future plans and optimize performance. On any given day, you will simultaneously be concepting, planning, and executing several strategies of varying scale; drafting roadmaps and briefs, driving timelines, budget and communicating across all levels of the organization. You will provide creative, media, agencies and internal partners on-going direction, feedback and approvals throughout the process. A dot connector role which leads relationships across the business recommending strategies aligned with CBS key priorities and collaborating closely to develop and champion plans that deliver growth.
• Think analytically and creatively to actively participate in key strategic planning processes within the organization (e.g. programming, research, finance), to frame marketing strategy and arrive at solutions that help propel the business
• Support strategy, organization and operations-related projects: able to articulate the problem, develop hypotheses, structure analysis, collect the necessary data, formulate insights, and communicate findings succinctly and thoughtfully both verbally and in writing/presentation form
• Facilitate strategic planning and the allocation and optimization of the marketing budget
• Long range planning, including scenario planning. Define and improve strategic planning process as needed
• Scope projects and develop accountability structures for marketing objectives; revising as appropriate to meet changing landscape needs
• Cross-channel marketing plan development (inclusive of comms planning, content strategies, and channel strategies)
• Draft integrated marketing plans, strategies and forecasts. Define KPIs to measure roadmap success and forecast performance to inform accurate planning
• Partner with Media, Creative, Brand, and Research teams to influence key growth areas, campaign strategy, and messaging; provide feedback/insights based on market intelligence, vendor and industry insights and audience insights
• Execution of Marketing-related assignments; ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of project types that vary in scope and scale and lead multiple projects involving cross-team deliverables and accountability
• Monitor, analyze, and drive optimizations based on analytical insights and data to show positive return on marketing efforts
• Build and implement strategies that provide the most advantageous opportunity to gain significant and valid recognition by our audiences and the industry.
• Develop strategic communications that increase awareness and customer engagement, strengthen brand commitment and improve customer experience
• Craft and execute brand strategy and communication plans that increase brand relevance, customer engagement and commitment
• 7+ years of relevant experience in film and/or TV marketing strategy
• Relevant strategy and planning experience with a major studio, media company, streaming service, brand and/or marketing agency, consumer marketing, marketing communications and/or digital/high-technology consumer companies/products.
• Experience writing strategic concepts, briefs, analyzing consumer research, and assessing project/campaign performance
• Experience executing complex, multi-channel marketing projects with multiple workstreams
• Highly data-driven, possessing strong ability gather and apply insights to frame recommendations and results into concise and actionable reports.
• Strategically-savvy; experience using data and metrics to back up assertions of business value.
• Resourceful; able to identify and/or create solutions even when none seem immediately present. Thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments.
• Incredibly detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to influence direction on a wide range of department issues.
• Possess strong decision-making skills.
• Possess deep understanding of entertainment marketing and the various functional aspects of a marketing organization including brand management, strategic planning, media, production, merchandising, creative development, and research.
• Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Enthusiastic collaborator who has the drive to make things happen in partnership with others
• Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.