Finance Lead, FP&A - DC Comics
Staff Writer, Black Stories (Entertainment Tonight)
We are the digital counterpart to the iconic syndicated TV show Entertainment Tonight. ET Digital produces content for both ET Live, our 24/7 pop culture and entertainment news streaming network, and ETonline, a top three entertainment news network and the No. 1 producer of entertainment video online for more than 2 years straight, according to comScore.
We're looking for a pop culture-obsessed writer to produce digital content including, but not limited to, news articles, listicles and deep-dives for ETonline.com. Someone passionate about the pop culture news stories that are important to the Black community in order to create engaging pieces. Someone able to lock into how TV, film, music and other entertainment projects helmed by Black celebrities relate to the experience of being Black and move the community forward. Someone who is passionate about amplifying BIPOC voices as they pertain to entertainment news and projects. An eye for identifying newcomers and jump on opportunities to spotlight these up-and-coming BIPOC stars. Ideally, this person will have an intimate understanding of the community the content will serve, allowing them to hone in on the target market in a more personalized way.
This writer will also have a keen understanding of the vast realm of entertainment and be flexible enough to write up any pop culture news story when needed. They'll hold stars from YouTube, Instagram and TikTok and celebs from broadcast TV and streaming in equal measure. They'll take breaking news or ET's exclusive interviews and turn them into internet gold.
• Write 5-8 engaging stories daily based on breaking news, viral moments, exclusive interviews and more
• Pitch and create: content for ET's Black/BIPOC vertical, deep-dive articles according to storylines trending across the web (1 - 2 per week), and innovative coverage of internet culture in a way that fits ETonline.com
• Team up with video and social media producers to build wide-ranging content
• Work with the team to produce monthly editorial series spotlighting BIPOC artists and culture
• Push the ET brand forward by identifying and crafting a platform for fresh voices
• Quickly grasping ET's evolving brand while also seizing opportunities to cover underserved markets, specifically the BIPOC market
• Maintain on brand tone and style in copy and make fast / accurate choices to ensure stories are engaging and polished
• Conduct interviews with creators over the phone, Zoom or in person
• Cover breaking news and the tentpole events of the year in the entertainment industry: awards season, summer movie season and fall TV premiere season
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 2+ years of writing and journalism experience in a digital newsroom
• The skill level to produce sparkling clean copy and the confidence to self-publish at times
• A grasp of journalistic style and ethics
• A fast learner ready to jump into the news
• Someone who can multitask and is able to prioritize duties depending on breaking news
• Experience working and editing in CMS systems
• Proactive nature and ability to become a vital member of the team even when remote
You might also have -
• An enthusiasm for working in an environment that can be different every day-and an unmistakable sense of urgency and ambition
• A keen awareness of a digital media landscape that is constantly evolving as technology changes and audiences shift their attention
• The ability to keep your cool during a hectic news day or busy awards show night
• A sense of humor and desire to have fun with work!
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.