Account Manager - Integrated Marketing
New York, NY
Under direction of the Vice President, Communications, the Senior Communications Director will help to define and support the business initiatives of ViacomCBS' streaming service, CBS All Access / Paramount+, as well as some of its other digital entertainment properties, like ET Live. This role will help define and execute the communications strategy supporting the business initiatives of the service, including product and partnership announcements and communications, executive relations and speaking engagements, and overall positioning of the service's value proposition and success.
The Sr. Communications Director will work closely with not only cross-functional internal teams like marketing, product, and business development, but also work with external device and platform partners in support of the service. This role will also work closely with the CBS All Access / Paramount+ publicity team that oversees the service's originals to devise strategies and support the growth of the service through communicating success stories and overall programming narratives for the service. In addition, the Sr. Communications Director will work closely with counterparts throughout the broader Corporation, including its studio, entertainment and corporate communications functions, to develop and implement strategies and ensure adherence to corporate standards.
The scope of work will include the development of proactive PR campaigns targeted to national and regional trade and business press, develop media materials including press releases, talking points and other collateral, and oversee coordination of media requests and speaking engagements for CBS All Access / Paramount+ executives.
• Help to define and push forward the overarching PR strategy for CBS All Access / Paramount+ through the development and implementation of communications campaigns in support of CBS All Access / Paramount+'s expansion and its role in the broader OTT/SVOD universe.
• Develop innovative and ''out of the box'' ideas to support CBS All Access / Paramount+'s growth as a service.
• Assist in the development of press materials (releases, FAQs, assets) in regards to key milestones for the service.
• Work closely with CBS Interactive executives to create and execute communications strategies that express the company's overall vision and leadership.
• Help to pitch proactive story ideas and manage reactive media requests related to the service and foster close working relationships with members of the media.
• Oversee the organization of press events for executives, including industry conferences, speaking engagements/panels and press briefings as applicable, and lead in the development of creating executive briefing materials including talking points, press releases, press kits and more.
• Partner with cross-functional teams such as marketing, social, international, studio, corporate and programming to ensure cohesive messaging and maximum exposure for CBS Digital Media's programs.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 8+ years of hands-on media relations experience in the television/entertainment business and/or digital media industry is essential.
• Passion and solid knowledge of the digital media and entertainment industries.
• Demonstrated ability to create results-driven communications campaigns that align with business objectives.
• Flexibility to work closely with various business units across the Corporation.
• Strong media relations experience with ability to think creatively and generate new story angles.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be a strategic thinker who is a dedicated and responsive team player with the ability to think creatively and generate new ideas.
• Strong writing skills, computer proficiency and social-media savvy required.
• Bachelor's degree required.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.