Senior Software Engineer
The Privacy Engineer is responsible for helping to assist in the operational day to day tasks and projects of the ViacomCBS Privacy Tech team. You'll be part of a team responsible for a wide range of cross-functional privacy and data protection projects. You'll work in close collaboration with teams throughout the company, and will help us to build and support scalable tools and processes to keep the data of the people that use our services safe. You must bring a solid technical and operations understanding of privacy and data protection principles, as well as creativity, to your daily role. This role reports directly into the Vice President, Privacy Tech.
• Work on projects related to ongoing compliance with data protection and privacy laws, advertising industries and related requirements.
• Coordinate with technology, product, legal and other stakeholders in support of privacy-related tools, policies, standards, guidelines and processes.
• Support adoption of operational processes through discussion and coordination with product and engineering teams, and other stakeholders across the company.
• Work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver best in class privacy and data protection training initiatives across the company.
• Excellent relationship building and team management skills and the ability to create passion, energy and commitment among diverse groups and team members
• Help scale existing and create new privacy tools and technology across the entire ViacomCBS enterprise for the Consent Management Platforms.
• Develop enterprise grade solutions that enable the privacy rights management for users around the globe.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Strong focus on front-end development and debugging
• 3 years experience developing web applications
• Minimum 1 year experience with any server-side language. Java, Ruby, or PHP are a plus
• Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices
• Knowledge of data related initiatives such as ingestion, report and dashboard creation, analytics and site tracking implementation
You might also have -
• Good understanding of test-driven development. Experience with Mocha, JUnit, or MiniTest are a plus
• Familiarity with version control. Git is a plus
• Familiarity with command-line tools (Linux/OSX)
• Experience with Privacy Technologies such as OneTrust & TrustArc
• Knowledge of the online advertising ecosystem including programmatic technologies and platforms.
• Have or be willing to meet the requirements for Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) from the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.