Sr Sports Statistics & Predictive Analytics Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Marketing Data Engineer should possess a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for building smarter products based on data and communicating data structures and tools throughout the CBS Digital Media organization. The perfect candidate for this role will use their skills in reverse engineering, analytics, and creative experimental solutions to devise data and BI solutions. This engineer will have experience working with Marketing teams and building pipelines geared towards Marketing Attribution and integrating with Marketing Solution Vendors.
• Works with large volumes of traffic data and user behaviors to build pipelines that improve raw data.
• Able to break down and communicate highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
• Extract patterns from large datasets and transform data into an informational advantage.
• Find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets via Jupyter, SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis, and data visualizations.
• Partner with the internal marketing and business analytics teams to determine the best approach to data ingestion, structure, and storage then, working with the team to ensure these are implemented correctly.
• Supplying ideas on how to make our data more effective and collaborating with other members of the engineering, marketing, BI teams, and business units to implement changes.
• Ongoing development of technical solutions while developing and maintaining documentation, and at times training impacted teams.
• Early on collaboration on marketing initiatives to build strategies that improve company processes.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of work experience in Analytics/Measurement/Data Operations fields or consulting roles with a focus on digital marketing analytics implementations.
• Experience with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
• Proficient in Python.
• Experience in Digital marketing strategy, including site, video, social media, SEM, SEO, and display advertising.
• Experience working with Google and Facebook Ad Manager APIs
• Familiar working with 3rd party Attribution partners.
• Familiar with 3rd party marketing tools such as Braze, Branch, Kochava.
• Familiarity with SQL skills for MySQL, Postgres, and BigQuery to perform common types of analysis
• Experience with exploratory data analysis using tools like iPython Notebook, Pandas & matplotlib, etc.
• Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
• Ability to break down and communicate highly complex data problems as simple, feasible solutions
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical specs for developers.
• Experience working in a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
You might also have -
• Familiarity with Data Modeling.
• Familiar with GIT.
• Can perform statistical analyses using tools such as R, Numpy/SciPy with Python
• Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics.
• Familiarity with Informatica and ETL concepts.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.